Q: What types of projects do you handle?
A: Project types include writing, editing and graphic design of business and marketing projects:
- Web design
- Web content (text and organization)
- Logos and stationery (business cards, letterhead, etc.)
- Marketing documents: postcards, trifolds, sales letters, flyers, ads, etc.
- Business documents: reports, letters, manuals, forms, etc.
Q: Can you create files I can edit and print from my computer?
A: Yes. If you’re looking for files you can print in-house, I can produce them as PDFs. If you want to be able to update the files yourself, I can create them in common programs such as Microsoft Word. Although creating a document in Word can limit the design possibilities, for many businesses it’s more important that they be able to edit and print the document themselves.
Q: Do you do small projects?
A: Yes. I’m happy to work on small projects such as setting up business forms or editing a document. I often perform multiple small projects for a client over a period of months or years, serving as a freelance marketing coordinator.
Q: Can a small company afford your services?
A: Virtually all of my clients are small companies or individuals. By farming out their writing/design projects, they save themselves time and frustration, and save the expense of keeping someone on staff to do this type of work.
Q: Do you design brochures?
A: I typically work with marketing packages with mix-and-match sheets and trifolds, since these materials can be easily updated and printed on demand. If you’re looking for a glossy, elaborate printed brochure, you’ll want to seek out a conventional graphic design firm.
Q: Do you design web sites?
A: Yes. I design web sites and write/edit web content as well.
Q: Can you design a web site that I can edit?
A: Yes. I can build your web site using WordPress. Without getting too technical, WordPress is an online web content management system (CMS) that enables the end user to add and edit parts of the web site using the internet. This works well for people who want to add posts (articles) from time to time, or update text on the web pages.
Q: How do I get started with my project?
A: This is a great question, and an important component of a successful project. Getting started is sometimes the biggest challenge. Here’s what I suggest.
- First, write up a quick description or outline of what you think you need.
- Second, gather up examples of any existing materials, photos, text and other info that relates to your project. Even if it’s outdated, this material can help me get a handle on your business.
- Third, we’ll get together and go over the project requirements. Having this info ahead of time makes it much easier to figure out the best way to tackle your project.
Q: Where are you located?
A: I work in the metro Atlanta area of Decatur, Georgia. Using email and the internet, I work with clients around Georgia and in other states. I’ve handled multiple projects for a client in Paris, France and KSA (Saudi Arabia).
Still have questions? Call Eve at 404-378-0081 or drop me an email: email@example.com.